Praxis: The Responsive and Expanding Classroom
Welcome to the Wabash Center's blog series: Praxis: The Responsive and Expanding Classroom
Blog/vlog writers will address such questions as:
- How does one pivot from teaching in a face-to-face classroom to teaching in a fully online classroom environment?
- What issues arise in online classrooms during periods of national and global crisis and how might teachers handle them?
- What has been learned about my students through teaching during crisis and how has this helped me to better meet their learning needs?
- What are important considerations when designing courses and teaching in relation to questions of teaching during periods of crisis?
Instructions for blog writers and vlog makers:
The instructions are focused on written blogs, yet the same principles apply to vlog creation as well.
- Honorarium: Writers will be provided with a $100 honorarium for each blog or vlog post that is published on the Wabash Center website.
- Send blogs or vlogs and questions to: Dr. P. Kimberleigh Jordan, email@example.com.
Select an item by clicking its checkbox
When your course unexpectedly pivots to an online format, students will likely feel a lot of uncertainty, and it’s hard to know how best to approach such an abrupt transition with them. Whether conducted synchronously or asynchronously, the first remote meeting is a chance for you to help students ...
We live in a world that tries to manage risk, to assess whether this decision or that decision is more or less risky, better or worse for the long term good of the institution, more or less likely to lead to student complaints, and more. And we make plans to ...